Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In my class:) A student's Yoga dairy

Technically this does not qualify for a class dairy... it is from Petros... my student who is now in Cambodia till summer..

But felt like sharing it, and I don't think he will mind... he also says nice things about his Mumbai yoga teacher... those I kept out:)

Petros wrote:
Arrived yesterday in my sweet Phnom Penh. Today am going to my Wat Langka for  meditation (the temple/monastery's meditation hall is open to non-monks few days a week..I love the buddhist frescos, the big, golden Buddha statue that dominates the hall and mostly the tranquility of the place...monks in orange robes are all over the wat: a very beautiful SE Asian image)....

Tomorrow will try a yoga place...

After I sent him a link of my scorpion tutorial, he wrote this, and I am very glad of what he says about the falls!

He wrote:
Scary but  love it!

I don't know why, it feels easier for me to start from the headstand...Hmmmm...Comfort zone already??? I have just started feeling more secure when up-side-down...
I tried today and had some spectacular falls...felt like a 9-year boy again...fearless of falls....even for just this am sooo happy wit the scorpion so far...
This weekend am going for a yoga retreat... I promised I will keep on with practice...


So u see, a fall is ok.. and imagine he is doing that without the comfort of a stolid teacher behind him!!

No comments: