Monday, March 14, 2011

City blog: parrots outside my window

Here, on parrots outside my window, in my Mumbai blog. But those parrots will go as will this house where I have been only for a year... Mumbai and trees? Despite the lack of ecological awareness, this city rocks with some exciting animal life. I recall doing several `City animal' pieces for Sunday Times. The political journos used to say I was a fluff writer... but I rather write about such things than obsequious crap about politicians, what? So while a feature writer I revelled in writing original pieces (political reporters used to rehash agency copies and then add their two-bit to it, where the politician who `favored' them was painted as pristine pure:) I'd written about unusual animal life in city (cranes, owls,  strange butterflies, moths --  have u seen the Moon moth, it is almost a foot across!).. Then, one on Lemon yellow butterflies... and so on. Here, my requiem to the poor parrots which will soon lose their home, near my own window..

2 comments:

pfamily said...

these are the Indian rose ringed parakeets!
most mistakenly call them parrots.

Shweta said...

You are moving out? How sad ! I hope somewhere in Bandra. I will be back soon !