Monday, March 28, 2011

In Class

Last week, started my new evening batch into the headstand. Khusboo is already doing it, though she has done only six sessions or so:) It is a big relief...
Also over the last two weeks, it seems as if my soul was recuperating from a long sickness:)  And there has been a lot of internal churning -- that sense of whether  I am doing this right (teaching, I mean, apart from a whole lot of other things:) by personally correcting poses so often. Some people unconsciously enjoy that, and have not advanced at all in some of the corrections.... So, then that is not such a good thing for the student, right?? If your teaching, however concerned and well-intentioned, interferes with somebody's progress and learning!!! Heavens...
Was reading umpteen books on Tao in this phase of `recuperation'. And this quote struck me -- If churning happens, wait. If you wait without acting upon it, it will provide the answer in itself. 
So, yes, some amorphous answer (by which I mean wordless) has come into the mind, which will direct the teaching... So, am back to being chilled out. Phew!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every year around this time i feel like this; some incidents randomly happens, some jerks come and rub me in the wrong way,some good teachers turns out to be not so good,people otherwise such a darling acts so weired....hmmmm...
I will follow what you say and wait............
Venu