Thursday, October 25, 2012

This yoga, this completion...

It is really so simple. Ramana Maharishi says since the dominant theme in your brain is that of the sense of "I", u should use it just like a blind man uses a wall to reach his destination. As much as the wall is useless once the destination is reached, so too, this I.

You can take this from several angles that Vedanta offers. But for me, just now this works: Neti, neti, Not this, not this. This seems to be the most appropriate, at this stage, where I am still stuck..

Then, everything falls in place. The coin drops. Then in the silence that can be tremendous, a waking up.. It is pretty much an effortless thing really. This occurred to me last week, as I collapsed inside with the sense of struggling, struggling, struggling. Alice in the Wonderland, running as the Red Queen says, to just stay in the same place!! It does not matter really. It just is sooo effortless... It is simply a negation..

Here the poems of Lalleswari (the naked Siddha Yogini from Kashmir, also called Lalla, Lal Ded... for more poems by her, to this site which has translations ).

This one, which I found much later, so appropriate:


If you've melted your desires
in the river of time, choose
to be a recluse, or choose
a family, the village job.

If you know the pure Lord within you,
you'll be That, wherever.
************************************************************

And this one too, where it occurs to me how thoughts suffocate something.. and that, in that suffocation, the sense of `I' feels like a fever which should, finally, leave the self...Yes, the problem is in the thoughts.. and to think I am teaching this idea through asanas, that is laughable, because sometimes I feel I am talking something and people are hearing something. But just now, the way I feel now and which I know will be a continuum, who care:) 

Meditate within eternity.
Don't stay in the mind.

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Free MySpace Animations!

Your thoughts are like a child fretting
near its mother's breast, restless
and afraid, who with a little guidance,
can find the path to courage.

********************************




At the end of a crazy-moon night
the love of God rose.
I said, “It's me, Lalla.”

The Beloved woke. We became That,
and the lake is crystal-clear. Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile



*****************************



I searched for my Self
until I grew weary,

but no one, I know now,
reaches the hidden knowledge
by means of effort.

Then, absorbed in “Thou art This,”
I found the place of Wine.

There all the jars are filled,
but no one is left to drink.

***********

Playfully, you hid from me.
All day I looked.

Then I discovered
I was you,

and the celebration
of That began.



Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Free MySpace Animations!


Some of my students, they say they read my blog.. then, those of you from amongst my students reading this, u must also catch this message.. this yoga I want to teach, it is about a quantum experience.. the infinite in the finite... To get there, at least get the e=mc square part right...

It becomes difficult to discuss a quantum experience with someone who thinks the formula for  relativity is about the letters and numbers!

No comments: