Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daily Health Gyan

U must all have wondered why I have suddenly put the prayers. One of my foreign student, from Belgium, Claudia wanted to learn it. She likes the Sivananda style:) And loves in particular the huge sense and meaning behind the Purnamadah sloka:) Btw. she is one who got the headstand after just six classes. U understand what I mean, about the Sivananda prayers. Those who feel the prayer, they get more satisfyingly close to their targets on the mat. She stays up in the headstand a long while, and just after one month. She also got the crow on first attempt... amazing, this thing, this focus, this prayer. The whole thing of the mind, and how it can reach u into a pose which stymies others!

Any case, today's gyan about lapis lazuli. I know soon crystals and gems are going to be out of fashion -- like fur and skin -- because I also believe that it is cruel to mine and dig into the earth just for the pleasure of holding its beautiful treasures in your hand. Soon, with all the political bungling and unlettered way in which things are mined here and elsewhere, it is going to be politically incorrect to own a gem! It already feels like that, for me, who believes all things are infused with life... including granite and so, yes, I feel bad when I hold a cut gem in my hand, and often wonder whether it would feel better to be back in the earth, where it belonged, and would it rather be left alone than admired:( I wonder about that, even as I wonder about the beauty of my gems and crystals...

Yet, till I entirely can stop myself from looking at stones with wonder, I will believe they come with powerful energies... and so, lapis lazuli, that startling, sparkling blue stone speckled with gold flecks, it is said to heal u from past moments when u did not speak up. I can recall such moments. If your sibling was getting thrashed, and u were just a little thing yourself, but wished u could ask why he needed to be hit so bad, but you could not, but felt the pain, and mortified because because you loved everybody in that tragedy, including the one who thrashed(father), the one who was thrashed(brother) and the one who wept over him(mom), then u have all the sicknesses of the throat ... and u are sick all your life, feeling that come up, that sense of not having spoken up, in similar moments, and you are tongue-tied, anxious, unable to speak up because it feels like back then, unnecessary tragedy and violence of the spirit. Then,  if you are going to fall ill again -- then u do yoga :) Or you hold a piece of  lapis lazuli, and be soothed by it, and the pain will go, they say, and the sicknesses that comes from remembering the times u could not speak up ....

No comments: