Friday, July 08, 2011

Daily health gyan: Badam oil

Lately I have started following a few of my own gyan:) Almond oil, I find, can be terrific for the stomach. Had overnight, I feel it somehow gives the right fats needed to draw that bad fat that causes the belly to poop out! Also, it is good for vata (my dosha) and the fiery (pitta dosha) by increasing kapha (water, nutrients in the body). It is cooling to the brain, spikes the metabolism, keeps off constipation (better that the violent laxatives like Isabgol or castor oil), soothes the nervous system. I will confess that on the nights I have had it, I wake up promptly, teh day after, having slept deep, promptly at  3 am, even without an alarm,  ready for my sadhana! There MUST be something there, that does that to me.. even on a wet day/even when PMSing! And I feel really relaxed when that happens, having somehow feeling in control of the rest of my day...
That is what they mean, I guess, when they say it soothes the nervous system:)

4 comments:

pv said...

please i need this more !!! tell me more

Anonymous said...

Shameem do you take alomond oil one spoon or more and with anything or alone.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Dear Mam,

How do u take Almond oil? After Dinner? Whats the dose?

Sugandha said...

Hi,
Which brand of almond oil is for oral consumption.The hamdard one is for massage.