Anyways, caught this pose (the simple setu bandhasana, elevated to another level here, with an advanced variation).. in a yoga book accidentally and tried it and even got it, first attempt:) Actually you can hold it for long, rather well I was pleasantly surprised to find...
What you need
- A strong fish pose, to be able to hold it for three mins or so.
- An ability to take the fall from the headstand --not that it matters -- but that is the sort of scrunch and contraction the neck experiences since it has no other support for this pose.
- A perfect setu bandha asana, and comfort in it (most people suffer it:(
- And back and hip strenght, to push up and stay up.
- And balance in tricky poses.