Friday, February 10, 2012

Today in class

Last night was very nauseated due to PMS, woke up dehydrated and a throbbing head to do three classes, back to back in the morning. I feel like super woman those days, notwithstanding the moments when I demo a headstand variation and feel I am going to topple over, dizzy due to the menstrual drop in blood pressure or slip on the sun salute L-R start-ups. One time, last month I recall, while feeling physically fragile I slipped, for the first time ever, while giving counts in the anulom vilom in the early morning class! That was a strange feeling ..  It is a wonder that some days, like on the first day of periods, I am able to stand upright. That is one thing yoga has not changed, and part of being a woman (menopause, I await thee eagerly:)  But yet... Sharnae is almost there, in headstand. Aman too, tho excitable ..Hemangi went up today, first time, and is very excited..So the day did not go so badly as I feared while waking up today:)  Puja K  is also back on to a light headstand. Sneha does the headstand herself, and is back in the evening class after a gap.. New comer Prarthana (TTC) went up in the headstand too, on her first class here, and came down more due to excitement!

Hot shot Anuya is also back.. and for good, she assures me:) Other  wanderers, some of them, they come and go... Khusboo came and disappeared after a few days, Anjali with her boyfriend .. Bharat too!! Something about the 20s kids, they feel they have all the life left for yoga and keep coming and going when they pleawse -- initially I used to worry .. now I see a pattern, and am prepared.. Hey there... u twenties...

 Sai, Petros and Sonia are now doing the twists in the headstand.. it is a very tough variation and a great way to lose love handles...

No comments: