Thursday, September 27, 2012

Geranium, my childhood and sweet memories

                                      (Image from this site)

When I was a kid, we used to go to Ooty quite often. My dad, though a heart patient, will take the hairpin bends like a happy maniac, and I used to love the thrill of that ride(which explains why I am the only one in my family who won't puke on those exciting joy rides:) . On one such trip, my dad had got a vial of geranium from one of those exotic nurseries. On the trip back, it had spilled into the suitcase and for days the home was redolent with the smell of this exciting flower. I have always love geranium, since then, and even more now when I light it in my diffuser. I love the effect it has on people -- I do not know anybody who does not love that sweet, deep fragrance. It is very lifting.

It is great for a lot of stress related ailments : digestion, PMS and other menstrual issues including menopause, skin problems, cellulite and is of course, an aphrodisiac:)

Enjoy! 

No comments: