Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Daily Health Gyan

Just discovered pine nuts (yes, I had a deprived childhood, teenage and deprived twenties, thirties too... only my forties finds me self-indulgent:) and find they are really sweet to taste, and soft. Though I buy tonnes of nuts most of I am lazy about eating them ... and when mother nature finds better use for them (they turn rancid, get fungus and start sprouting things which are unhealthy) I throw them off, feeling indisciplined. But I find myself reaching for the pine nuts jar -- its softness is the draw for my lazy jaws..
A lot of it could make u fat -- it is rich in cals... but has good fats that fight the bad type (read bad cholesterol also); has a rich bouquet of vitamin Bs which I find are uppers; anti-oxidants -- that keep u young looking; and manganese and stuff like that which boosts immunity ...
If only all healthy must-eat stuff were this sweet...

No comments: