Thursday, January 05, 2012

Today in class

Mmm, trying some flexibility poses. The full "Indian toilet squat" is giving a lot of trouble, and not just to foreigners. Petros not only squats, but was also able to wrap his hands around the knee in the ardha malasana twist:) New students.. in the therapy class... that is always the toughest class I will ever do, therapy... since there has to be healing, but it also is up against a lot of resistance to that... and then I have to mow through that without seeming to be heartless:(


Have hiked the fees to Rs 3000 from this month...

Murthy is away for a week... Though he won't believe it, he is missed in the class. Always, whether it was the morning or the evening class(which he does five/six days a week depending on his shifts), there will be somebody bothered that he has not come in that day... He has that sort of quiet, supportive energy.. In fact, he is the only one who I often `use'  as an assistant in the class because his energy is non-interfering. I can order him to put on the fan, demo a pose etc without him demurring one bit ... and he has the way of stepping back, which is the required attitude for assistants. I remember when we were assisting Prahlada, we were all over the place, full of ego... I can see that now, the stupidity of that, in retrospect ... and realise and appreciate why an assistant must come with an energy which is supportive, but non-interfering.. That is why I wonder if I can ever run an institute... who will be in that mode naturally?

Been trying new poses -- always not so satisfactorily. Plus in those poses, if I have not warmed up, my healing knee gives a `kick' so, yes, tough ...

2 comments:

pv said...

when can i come to 7 pm class. with hopefully a friend odd.

YOGA IN EVERYTHING said...

I think i wrote u a long note explaining why u are not realising what u need to have as a student for yoga... please reread it... plus, the note says clearly I am not talking walk-ins any more..