Thursday, December 27, 2012

Yogic thought for the day: samayama

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Free MySpace Animations!


My email address is samayama@ of something. Often when we choose such words, these are aspirational. Samayama would be that enviable stage, for me, in my sadhana.. Far away, but sure, I have my eyes fixed there! 

Below, a definition of that gorgeous yogic word: 

Samayama is a yogic concept which marries the three stages of yoga practices -- of dharana, dhyana and samadhi. Dharana means concentrating on one object, dhyana is the next stage, when such concentration remains unbroken for long and samadhi is when the mind, sharpened by dharana and dhyana,  is merged with the divine. In samayama all these three states merge, to become one. And such a person, whose samayama is unbroken, he can indeed control his destiny.

No comments: